For Emergencies Dial 911
For general police questions between 9am-5pm dial 803-258-3152
Visit us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/springfieldscpolice/?modal=admin_todo_tour
Welcome to the Springfield Police Department
** It is the mission of the Springfield Police Department to enhance the quality of life by enforcing the law, preserving peace, reducing fear, and maintaining order. We are dedicated to ensuring the safety and well-being of our community through a partnership with our citizens. **
Chief of Police
Judge Steven V. Morrone
A business License is required to conduct any business activities within the town limits. Business Licenses can be obtained at the town hall during normal business hours. There are penalties for failing to obtain a business license which fair exceed the cost of obtaining one.
New laws involving golf carts:
A golf cart now has to be permitted by the State of South Carolina, with a permit decal and proper registration issued from the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Registration will be granted upon the owner presenting proof of ownership and liability insurance for the golf cart and paying a $5 fee.
Permits must be replaced every five years, or at the time the permit holder changes their address.
All validation decals will be issued for a period of 12 months, except for carts which do not require the payment of property taxes.
While operating a golf cart, the driver must have the following in his or her possession:
- The registration certificate issued by the department.
- Proof of liability insurance for the golf cart.
- A valid driver’s license. A person operating a permitted golf cart must be at least 16 years old and have a valid driver’s license.
Other rules for golf carts:
- A golf cart can only be operated during day light hours.
- A permitted golf cart may be operated within four miles of the address on the registration certificate and only on a secondary highway or street.
- A golf cart cannot be operated on a bike path.
- Must be operated only on a highway for which the posted speed limit is 35 miles an hour or less.
Want to pay a traffic ticket on line?
Please have your citation handy to make your payment, as you will need your ticket number. Don’t have you ticket number? Don’t worry, you may call the town court clerk to obtain it at 803-258-3152.
You may pay by going to MYFINEPAYMENT.COM or, by calling 877-591-8768. (Se Habla Espanol) There is a convenience fee associated with each of the court solutions services.
No advertisement signs may be placed within the town limits, or on any poles, trees, posts, etc. or upon the state right-a way. This is a violation of state law, county ordinance and town ordinance. Violations for each offence could constitute a fine of $1092.50 per day, per violation.Yt